Translate

Copyright

© Me, Myself and Infernape 2012 -2013

Thursday, 27 September 2012

Finally... Another [Nuzlocke] Post!

Hey losers! I finally got a chance to write a new post. This whole 'coming into college to use the internet' is not what I wanna be doing for the rest of the year. WE NEED INTERNETS IN MY HOUSE. NAO! But now that I'm here and writing, I'll just get on with it.

So it's been a LONG time since I said anything about my Nuzlocke challenge in Pokémon Firered. Lots to catch up on!! I'll start with my battle with Erika. That seems logical as the last time, I left you dripping wet with anticipation of how the battle went.

I started off by sending out Flash first seeing as anything Erika would throw at me would be destroyed by Sleep Powder and Dream Eater. Of course, I was correct...

Not A Sweat Was Broken, Nor A Fuck Given

Next, Tangela came out and so Sonic took the floor. One Wing Attack shattered little Tangela. Oh well. This really was an uneventful fight. Until Vileplume arrived onto the battle field. So I threw Cynder into the ring to finish the battle off. Funny enough, Ember wasn't strong enough to take out Vileplume in one hit so Cynder sustained a hit from Stun Spore. But a second blast from Ember sent Vileplume crawling back where she came from. My reward for this pathetic battle was 2900 Pokédollars, TM19 Giga Drain and the Rainbow Badge. With the Rainbow Badge, Mimien will finally obey me properly in battle ^_^

Once Erike was beaten, I decided to take on Fuschia City so that I could find the Move Deleter. Cynder needed to lose Cut and Penny needed to lose Flash. They had to go, they were holding me back! Unfortunately, it's been a while since I played Pokémon so once I strolled towards Cycling Road, I bumped into Snorlax blocking the way. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! So yeah, that plan was scrapped. Instead, I doubled back and took on the Rockets in the Game Corner.

Very straight forward really... faint a few Pokémon, kick a few asses, pick up a few items, spin wildly on movement panels that would cause most people to vomit... et cetera. Nothing spectacular to see under the Game Corner. These Rockets are just annoying little buggers more than anything. Expecially with Koffing threatening to Selfdestruct at any moment and killing your Pokémon. Which is BAD in a Nuzlocke Challenge. Luckily, that didn't happen to me ^_^ And once all the little cretins were out of the way, it was time to take on the big man - Giovanni. The start of the battle was a breeze! However, once Kangaskhan came out... the shit really hit the fan! I sent out Twister to fight this battle. Two Secret Powers did just enough damage to remove over two-thirds of the enemies health. But after my second one hit, Kangaskhan hit back HARD with a critical hit Mega Punch... which... well...

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Yes... Twister bit the dust.. That's two Pokémon dead now. Suckish!! Once Giovanna was defeated and there were no more casualties after Twister, I picked up my Silph Scope as my prize and left. Lucky for me, I had a spare Pidgey in the PC. Well actually I have more than one spare! It was Saorview's time to shine. This is a Lvl 3 Pidgey [which I caught really early in the game]. It took a bit of training but eventually, Saorview became stronger and faster until it reached level 34 to join my other party Pokémon and out-perform Twister. It was at this time that I took on Lavender Tower.

Battling my Rival Cillian was probably easier than some of the Rockets I faced in the Game Corner. With such a huge level advantage, I thrashed my rival when I entered the first floor of Lavender Tower. I proceeded upwards to the topmost floor. In my travels, I caught myself a Gastly. What sucks is that I can never get a Gengar because I can't trade from an emulator... :( Ah well.. After a few battles against the ghostly trainers in the tower, I came to face the Ghost.

That's Not A Pokémon!

Yes. A Ghost. The Silph Scope reveals this ghost to be nothing more than the poor Marowak that was killed by Team Rocket. Unfortunately you can't catch this Pokémon as it's a ghost... but once you kill it, it lays to rest. Seems kinda weird. Surely you'd thing it'd be angered or something? Following the traumatic experience of having to battle a ghost, 3 more Rocket's stood in my way. They are so annoying!!! After a few minutes of licking ass.. I mean, kicking ass, I found Mr. Fuji. After taking me to his home [and butt raping me several times], he passed on his Pokéflute. It was now time to wake that Snorlax and find that Move Deleter!

Don't you just hate it when you go to do something and in order to do that, you have to overcome some obstacle. And that obstacle requires further time and energy because you must go and complete another task first... and eventually you get so pissed off because you find yourself fixing your car so you can drive to the store to pick up some lubricating oil to lossen the joints of the ladder you want to use to reach your toolbox which contains the screwdriver you need to open the back of the TV remote so you can change the batteries in order to watch your favourite TV show. That's exactly how I felt after Erika's gym battle when I wanted to get to the Move Deleter...

I was finally ready to go. And then thought, "Hold on now... When I go to the Move Deleter, Cynder and Penny will be short on a move" and that led me to buy TM45 Attract for Penny. While in that train of thought, I ventured just north of that sleeping Snorlax on Route 16 in order to grab HM2 Fly. On my way there, I passed a guy...

I Came Through The Back Door... DUH

Alarm bells rang in my head. He's definitely talking about some kind of sex.. It's obvious! Sorry.. sex in my head... BACK TO POKÉMON! I grabbed HM2, battled Snorlax, caught Snorlax, nicknamed Snorlax (Lax. Creative, yes I know!), cycled down Cycling Road while avoiding trainers and I FINALLY reached Fuschia City *phew*

The Move Deleter got rid of those pesky HM moves I no longer wanted. I then taught Penny Attract. I went back onto Cycling Road to catch up on those battles I avoided. This was then I made such a silly mistake... Cynder grew to level 36 and started to evolve. I paused the emulator and pondered my predicament. Should I let him evolve and learn Wing Attack but daley the learning of other moves later on? Or should I not let Cynder evolve and miss out on Wing Attack? After a few minutes, I made my decision and I got myself a shiny new Charizard ^_^ Which then learned Wing Attack. After that, I went off and deleted Wing Attack and made him learn Fly. What the hell was I doing? I could have stayed with a Charmeleon for another while longer. Sure I was gonna teach Charizard Fly anyway... so why did I do it asap? Silly Kieran... :S Now it'll take Cynder more experience to grow levels...

And there we go. That's where I stopped playing and started college. Now I can play on and do more cool things ^_^  I must upload a picture of my party actually... Next post sure :D Until then, Happy Pokémon-ing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment