Translate

Copyright

© Me, Myself and Infernape 2012 -2013

Sunday, 1 September 2013

The Big One Zero Zero

Howdy all! Here I am again for another milestone - this is my 100th blog post :D And what is this post gonna be about? The future. Or at least what I'd hope to do in the future. Let me start with a message I received lately. I received this reply in response to a Facebook post about the Blog Awards Ireland. My blog post LGBTQ Pride was nominated for Best Blog Post, and you can vote here. Please do vote! I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, here's the message I received. It was from a woman I've known since primary school; my friend's mom.

Ciarán Ó Bioráin. Now that I've got that out of the way... I've heard you going on about LGBTQ but like most things it was a little over my head. But when you sent a request to vote for your blog page I'm one of those who read before signing... It's the first time that I actually read it (well most of it anyway). You are a brilliant young fellow (but then you knew that) and I've always had a soft spot for you (like an extra mammy) since NS when you didn't torment me lol. You are so right in not hiding.. what good is it.. it only brings suspicion and whispers. I've watched our parish change so much from the time when I was in school to now.  I have to say thank God the oldies are gone. They hid behind the doors and whispered and made everyone's lives hell all because they wanted to be the first with the gossip uncaring of how other peoples' lives were affected. Keep that blog going it looks and sounds well. And I hope you win.

Oh I forgot, I voted twice for you ha ha

I thought that deserved to be published because it was one of the nicest messages I've received in a good long time. And this is why I write... I write to talk to people. I write to share my feelings with you. I write so that you might be inspired. I write because I love it :)

Anyway, for the main body of my post. Where would I like to see myself in the coming years? Well let's start from now... I'm moving to Cork tomorrow; back to college! Starting my final year on the 16th. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I started college... that's just CRAY. This year I have an FYP (final year project) and have no idea what topic to study. But I'm kind of looking forward to it. I'm really looking forward to getting back into a routine and studying... I also have my council secretary role to look forward to. It's nothing spectacular but it's another thing to buff the CV ;) But now let's go further...

When I finish my exams next May, I'm hoping that by then I'll already have a graduate position as an trainee actuary under my belt. And on top of that, I'd hope that I can get a placement next summer for 12 weeks (or so) in a different country; just for the experience. I'll soon start looking for graduate opportunities to start building on that dream. As for where I'd like to work? Well Cork would be ideal... close to home, close to friends.. but realistically, I'll be looking at Dublin for my job. Who knows? I might even check England! That'd be very cool...

So that sets up my next 3 to 4 years work-wise... if I'm lucky. But what else? I'd like to have my own apartment of course; a place I can call home. Yet, I will try to keep my expenses low and save my money. I'll be putting a lot of my money away for bigger expenses such as building a house and raising children. Of course, those are huge expenses but it's always good to have a nice starting fund.

In the coming years I'd love to travel... either on holidays to places I haven't been, or working abroad. Both would be fun! I've always wanted to see the world. And yes, that would be another expense... Something I'll need that saved money for ;)

I'm hoping that this year will see the start of my new exercising regime. A regime that I will try to keep up during the year and carry on for years after. I'm not a terribly unfit person, but a bit of exercise wouldn't go astray. Especially since I have a free gym to use in Cork. It's going to be hard work to make myself go but it will be so rewarding :)

Where will my blog be? I'm hoping in the next few years that I'll have many more posts, many more views and many more followers... I can't really think of what else I'd like in the next few years. I'm sure there's more I should mention but that's all that comes to mind. But before I go, I have two things to show you :D

The 3 Egyptian God Cards

Espeon and Umbreon

The first picture is one I owe you... I meant to show you that pic in my 21 Years of Procrastination and Awesomeness - Part 2 post but my camera was temporarily without a memory card. But wow... aren't they something else? I got them off Santa one Christmas :D And they're in perfect condition. As for the second photo, I got these lovely little guys on the internet. I decided to treat myself. Aren't they cute?

Now, it's time for me to hit the hay. Long day tomorrow!! Goodnight all :D

2 comments: