Translate

Copyright

© Me, Myself and Infernape 2012 -2013

Friday, 4 October 2013

Blogging 101

The title of this piece came to me as I opened this blank post. However, I will not be speaking about the basics of blogging. Because anyone who knows me should realise that I have no idea what I am doing. If you must know, this is my 101st blog post. Hence the silly title. Moving on...

What I will share with you all over the next few posts will be some poems that I wrote... about 4 years ago during my Leaving Cert year. The very first one I wrote - Reality - is so darn cringe that I won't even plague you with it. Instead I'm going to start off with a piece I called, 'Lifeless'.



Lifeless
The dim glow fades
as the night draws to a close.
Weaker than before, it remains silent.

The cinders quench, the ashes
lay beneath the grating, out of view
until the master notices next morning.

Shocked to see the lifeless place, he cries,
“It might be different if I paid attention”.
Forever cold.


What was my inspiration for this? As far as I remember, I wrote this about my great-grandaunt, Josie. She passed away In 2008 just before I started my Junior Cert exams. At the time, I heard she wasn't well but even though I was 15 at the time, I was still rather oblivious to this thing people called 'death'. Mostly because she was the first person in my family who I knew rather well who died.

I'm not sure why I decided I wanted to post these poems I wrote. I guess perhaps because part of me wanted to share these feelings. 4 years ago, I didn't have friends.. Well, I did. But nothing like the friends I have now. But that was my fault, not theirs. I've grown up a lot since then. And now I have people with whom I can share these things that once upon a time wouldn't have ever been seen by anybody else.

Anyway, I don't want to bog you down. But I do hope that you'll enjoy these pieces I wrote. Some I am quite happy with. Some (like Reality) are just plain cringe.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I will definitely visit it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.

    ReplyDelete